The Explorers Program is Learning for Life’s career education program for young men and women who are 15-20 years old. Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organizations in their communities.
The Explorer’s purpose is to provide experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. Explorers are ready to investigate then meaning of independence in their personal relationships and communities. Color, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background, or economic status is not criteria for participation in the program.
Explorers offer on of the best opportunities for the youth in the area. Some of the many benefits include:
- Stimulated interest in continual education
- Career information, insight into future vocation
- positive alternative to negative youth activities, such as drug abuse and gang involvement
- Sense of acceptance and belonging to a group.
- Safe and supervised environment for adult-like activities
- Opportunities to participate in practical, real, and meaningful hands-on experiences
- Learn career and personal skills
- Opportunities to try leadership roles and develop skills
- Cooperative relationship between youth and adults
- Service to others
Explorers 5 Areas of Emphasis
The Explorers program curriculum focuses on five major areas of emphasis